Re: Replacement for tgisconstraint? (Upgrade from 8.4 to 9.0.5) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Replacement for tgisconstraint? (Upgrade from 8.4 to 9.0.5)
Date
List pgsql-general
Ken Tanzer <ken.tanzer@gmail.com> writes:
> 1)  Can anyone suggest equivalent PG9 replacement for those statements, or
> at least give me some hints?

Per
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=9a915e596

    I also replaced the tgisconstraint column
    with tgisinternal; the old meaning of tgisconstraint can now be had by
    testing for nonzero tgconstraint, while there is no other way to get
    the old meaning of nonzero tgconstraint, namely that the trigger was
    internally generated rather than being user-created.

It's not real clear to me whether your views actually want tgconstraint
= 0, which would be the exact translation, or NOT tgisinternal, which
might be a closer approximation to their intention.

            regards, tom lane