Re: pg_trgm: unicode string not working - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_trgm: unicode string not working
Date
Re: pg_trgm: unicode string not working
List pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> No, it does not. �Under what circumstances should I issue a suggestion
>> to reindex, and what should the text be?

> It sounds like GIN indexes need to be reindexed after upgrading from <
> 9.1 to >= 9.1.

Only if you care whether they work for corner cases such as empty
arrays ... corner cases which didn't work before 9.1, so very likely
you don't care.

I'm not sure that pg_upgrade is a good vehicle for dispensing such
advice, anyway.  At least in the Red Hat packaging, end users will never
read what it prints, unless maybe it fails outright and they're trying
to debug why.