Re: How to get SE-PostgreSQL acceptable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: How to get SE-PostgreSQL acceptable
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> KaiGai Kohei escribi�:
>> One melancholic thing is adding a member into pg_proc.
>> It defines more than 2000 of entries which I have to modify correctly. :(
>> Is there any script to help it?

> Try a search for "coccinelle", "sdiff", or was it "spatch"?  It got
> featured on http://LWN.net/ not many weeks ago.

FWIW, every single time I've had to add a column to pg_proc (and I've
done it several times now), an Emacs macro got the job done with a few
minutes' thought.  I'm sure sed would work as well.  The contents of
those DATA lines are really pretty stylized.