Re: Unicode UTF-8 table formatting for psql text output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unicode UTF-8 table formatting for psql text output
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net> writes:
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 01:33:19PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Yeah.  We can do what we like with the UTF8 format but I'm considerably
>> more worried about the aspect of making random changes to the
>> plain-ASCII output.

> I checked (using strace)
> gnumeric (via libgda and gnome-database-properties)
> openoffice (oobase)

Even if that were the entire universe of programs we cared about,
whether their internal ODBC logic goes through psql isn't really
the point here.  What I'm worried about is somebody piping the
text output of psql into another program.

> On a related note, there's something odd with the pager code.

Hm, what platform are you testing that on?