Re: BUG #1008: fe-misc.c has an ifdef for HAVE_POLL, should be HAVE_POLL_H - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #1008: fe-misc.c has an ifdef for HAVE_POLL, should be HAVE_POLL_H
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Peter Herndon" <tpherndon@mindspring.com> writes:
>> [ <poll.h> is not present in an OS X 10.3 installation ]

> *sheepishly* It looks like it would be the option of, well, installing
> DevTools for 10.3 or not...  From the looks of it, I never installed
> the 10.3 DevTools on the laptop.  The 10.2 tools were installed, but
> nothing more than that.

Ah.  I had eliminated that idea on the thought "he wouldn't have a
compiler if he'd not installed DevTools".  Didn't think about an upgrade
from 10.2 DevTools.  But that does make sense, since libpoll.dylib will
be part of the base 10.3 OS while poll.h would come in DevTools.

> Thanks for putting up with stupidity.  On the bright side, we uncovered
> a corner case.

Right, now we know what the symptom looks like in PG.  Thanks for taking
the time to track it down.

            regards, tom lane