Re: Alpha releases: How to tag - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Alpha releases: How to tag
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> ... it doesn't scale to consider the possibility that we might
>> want to re-release an alpha after fixing some particularly evil bug.

> Yes, if that's what we want then definitely branch. I guess the branch
> will (almost) only ever have exactly one commit on it.

Yeah, I'd expect so; but it seems like a good idea to leave room for the
possibility of more than one commit.  I was first thinking that we'd
just release a new alpha from CVS HEAD if the evil-bug situation comes
up.  However, if we've already done a catversion bump or some other
incompatible change in HEAD, that wouldn't be very practical.