Cascading replication with slots - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scot Kreienkamp
Subject Cascading replication with slots
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi everyone,

I’ve never used replication slots before so I’m just wanting to clarify how they work on a two node streaming replication cluster.

1.      From the documentation both active and standby nodes seem to be aware of the status of the replication slot… is that true?

2.      Any limitations on using it with cascading replication?  For instance, can I setup a replication slot on a standby, then replicate using that slot from another standby?

3.      Or can I only replicate from the master when using replication slots?

Thanks!

Scot Kreienkamp | Senior Systems Engineer | La-Z-Boy Corporate
One La-Z-Boy Drive | Monroe, Michigan 48162  | ( 734-384-6403 | | ) 7349151444 *  Scot.Kreienkamp@la-z-boy.com
www.la-z-boy.com | facebook.com/lazboy | twitter.com/lazboy | youtube.com/lazboy

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  It may contain privileged, confidential information which is exempt from disclosure under applicable laws.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing this information (other than to the intended recipient) or copying this information.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail or by telephone at the above number. Thank you.

Attachment