Re: Using Microsoft Access as front end to Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yury Don
Subject Re: Using Microsoft Access as front end to Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Steve,

Once, Friday, October 06, 2000, 3:38:08 AM, you wrote:

SQ> I am trying to use Microsoft Access as a front end to Postgres, but I am having some trouble with the ODBC driver.
Iget all sorts of weird problems. For instance, sometimes when I enter in new
SQ> values in a table, if the field I type in a field that has already been typed in before (ie I type "CA" in two
differentrows of the "states" column), the whole row has "#Deleted" in it. Other
SQ> times, I want to delete a record, and I'll get a dialogue box that says "ODBC--delete on a linked table 'test'
failed"and then another one that says "Error while executing the query; ERROR:
SQ> Unable to identify an operator '=' for types 'xid' and 'int4'. You will have to retype this query using an explicit
cast".I get the same exact errors if I try to change an item in a current
SQ> record.

SQ> I assume there is a more reliable way to connect to database clients than this. Has anyone got a Microsoft Access
frontend working with Postgres? I am using Postgres 7.0.2 and ODBC driver
SQ> postdrv 6.5.

SQ> I also tried going to OpenLink ODBC, but I can't find where you are supposed to put IP address of the server you
wantto connect to with this driver. the Help files are non-existant with this

Probably you can find answers in the POSTGRESQL & ACCESS FAQ (http://www.scw.org/pgaccess/faq.html)

--
Best regards,
 Yury  ICQ 11831432