Re: Add support for logging the current role - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Add support for logging the current role
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> The only thing I'd suggest extra is that we might allow "version_n_m" as
> shorthand for the default table layout from the relevant version.

Mmm ... seems like that just complicates matters.  To make that useful,
you have to assume that there *is* a default table layout, it's
different across versions, and everything that looks at this GUC value
will know instantly what it is for each version.  The last bit is kind
of a killer for tools like pgfouine, no?  In any case I thought the
expectation here was that the default column list would be frozen at
what it is now, and probably will never change.