question on cross-data center replication - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Dournaee, Blake
Subject question on cross-data center replication
Date
List pgsql-novice

Hi –

I had a general newbie type question. I am looking for a database that supports replication across datacenters that may be widely distributed.

I understand that Oracle has replication technology through “streams” and “data guard” and would like to understand a little more about the equivalent functionality in postgresql.

Specifically:

1. Does this database support replication across instances of the database?

2. How does it work at a high level?

3. How does it compare to similar functionality in mySQL or Oracle?

4. How reliable is it?

Thanks,

Blake