Re: [HACKERS] pg_serial early wraparound - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pg_serial early wraparound
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 5:50 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I'm a little worried because Anastasia couldn't repeat the test;
>> why is that?

> Hmm.  I'm not sure.  It works for me on a couple of machines and what I see is:

Yeah, it works for me too, so not sure what the problem was.

The only other point I can think of is that by changing the storage
layout under pg_serial/, this'd create an issue for pg_upgrade, if
pg_upgrade tried to migrate this data.  But it doesn't.

Hence, pushed.