Re: Oracle MINUS is not supported - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Oracle MINUS is not supported
Date
List pgsql-patches
> we would rather have a pass over the queries before they reach our
> grammar.  The pass would restructure any Oracle-specific syntax into
> PostgreSQL syntax.

More specifically, a separate program to convert Oracle-isms into
Postgres-isms (and, perhaps, MySQL-isms, DB2-isms, ...).  Feed it
a script, get a new script back.

Do we have a TODO list entry for this?  I don't see it offhand.
I do see something about an SQL*Net listener, which would probably
need to run this sort of conversion on-the-fly, but ISTM the first
step ought to be a simple script converter.

            regards, tom lane