Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make CheckRequiredParameterValues() depend upon correct - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make CheckRequiredParameterValues() depend upon correct
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com> wrote:
>> 9.0 without HS enabled is fairly untested on the standby, so it's
>> not clear to me turning it off makes you any safer.
> I think you've just made the strongest possible case for not
> defaulting it on during beta testing.

Yes.  If we've had it on so far, flipping it at the start of beta seems
sensible from a test coverage standpoint.  We will certainly have a
reasonable number of beta testers who are interested in the feature and
turn it on to test it; but we need to make sure the "off" position isn't
accidentally broken.