Re: System Tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: System Tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
>> Has anyone of you a good pointer to a description of where in the system
>> tables I may find what informations?

> The PostgreSQL Developer's Guide has some information:
>     http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/catalogs.html

> But IIRC it might be a little out of date.

One would hope not.  It's taken us awhile to finish the work of
documenting every system catalog, but as of 7.3 they are all in there.
I intend to crack the whip as much as necessary to ensure that these
docs get updated whenever someone changes the catalogs ;-)

Actually, pointing people to the developer docs is more likely to create
the reverse problem: what they read there may be too new for the release
they are actually using.