Re: Show encoding in initdb messages - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Show encoding in initdb messages
Date
List pgsql-patches
> The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.
> The database cluster will be initialized with default encoding UNICODE.

> This should save a lot of support requests, hopefully.

I kinda doubt it will save any :-(.  In what situation would this not
merely be echoing back what the guy had just specifically typed on the
command line?

If we knew how to detect that the encoding doesn't work with the
selected locale value, then we could get somewhere ...

            regards, tom lane