BUG #16847: Problem with reinstalling Postgres. Data folder - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From PG Bug reporting form
Subject BUG #16847: Problem with reinstalling Postgres. Data folder
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      16847
Logged by:          LUIZ SOUZA
Email address:      luiz.dsn.shop@alterdata.com.br
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.20
Operating system:   Windows

Good Morning!

I would like a help.
A few days ago I was infected by a virus where I clipped my machine. I was
able to repair the damage and recover the Data folder, however when trying
to reinstall postgresql version 9.6.20 x64 an error is occurring "An
existing data directory has been selected but is neither empty, or a
recognizable data directory.". My database currently has more than 15 GB of
data, I need to find a way to retrieve the information. I would like to know
if there is any tool that I can use, or some way to recover.
When I do the installation and put the correct data folder, the service is
started, but it does not show the database on pgadmin.
I thank the attention.