Re: Proposed patch: make SQL interval-literal syntax work per spec - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Proposed patch: make SQL interval-literal syntax work per spec
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ron Mayer <rm_pg@cheapcomplexdevices.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think *replacement* would be a hard sell, as that would tick off all
>> the existing users ;-).  Now it seems like being able to accept either

> I originally submitted a patch that supported both, and I think
> you suggested replacing on the grounds that the old one was
> never documented,

Yeah, but that was five years ago, and someone remedied the oversight
since then ...

The other problem is that the SQL spec clearly defines an interval
literal syntax, and it's not this ISO thing.  So even without backward
compatibility issues, 8601-only doesn't seem like it would fly.