Re: Autovacuum not started because of misconfiguration - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Autovacuum not started because of misconfiguration
Date
List pgsql-general
"Rob Richardson" <Rob.Richardson@rad-con.com> writes:
> A customer found this in one PostgreSQL log file:
> EDTWARNING:  autovacuum not started because of misconfiguration

> This has only appeared once.  The database has been restarted since then
> (about eight days ago), and this message has not reappeared.  For now,
> we're not going to worry about it, but I remain curious.  What would
> have caused this, and where would I have looked to find the problem?

The next line should have told you --- it'd have been
HINT: Enable the "track_counts" option.

Now, if you're certain you weren't messing with that parameter setting
throughout this sequence, there might be something worthy of further
investigation here ...

            regards, tom lane