Re: Some other odd buildfarm failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Some other odd buildfarm failures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> My guess is that it's related to d7ee82e50f. It seems realistic that the
> event trigger added by it to the object_address test can cause errors at
> varying times.

[ squint... ]  Event triggers are global across the whole database, aren't
they?  Isn't it frickin insane to run a test like this in parallel with
others?

Not but what it seems to be exposing some bugs.  Still, I don't think this
is a reasonable test design.  We have absolutely no idea what behaviors
are being triggered in the other tests, except that they are unrelated to
what those tests think they are testing.