Re: [HACKERS] Dead CVS directories - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Dead CVS directories
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Marc, I added a dead directory called interfaces/pgeasy that I have
> removed via CVS, but I know the directory still exists in the CVS tree.
> (Now called libpgeasy).  In fact, I know there are many directories that
> are empty in the tree.

> Can you figure out a way to remove them from the CVSROOT tree?

AFAIK, a directory in the CVS repository is forever, because there are
always going to be files in it --- maybe files that are dead as far as
the current version is concerned, but CVS wants to be able to give you
back any past state of the tree, so there are still ,v files in there.

Normally you should be running checkouts and updates with -p (prune)
switch, which removes directories from *your checked out copy* if they
contain no live files as of the version you are checking out.  But
they have to stay there in the CVS repository.