Re: bitmap AM design - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From pgsql@mohawksoft.com
Subject Re: bitmap AM design
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I don't think we really need any more fundamentally nonconcurrent index
> types :-(

Tom, I posted a message about a week ago (I forget the name) about a
persistent reference index, sort of like CTID, but basically a table
lookup. The idea is to simulate a structure that ISAM sort of techniques
can work in PostgreSQL.

Victor had emailed me and basically said he needed a similar sort of thing
for this bitmap index.

Eliminating the bitmap index issue for a moment, how hard would it be to
create a reference table like index? I'm sure given that construct, the
bitmap index becomes easier to construct.