Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling
Date
Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> I am tempted to say we should clamp down and go into damage control
> mode sooner rather than later.

The more I see of the HS patch, the more I think the same.  But my
proposal for "damage control mode" would be to immediately punt
everything else to the next release and focus our energies exclusively
on HS *and* SR.  In terms of the "big picture" for the project, those
are headline items, and everything else is just trivia that the average
user won't even notice.