Re: Build failure in current CVS (src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Build failure in current CVS (src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> IMO giving a directory to each conversion
> is more manageable than putting everything in single directory.

I lean towards Peter's point here.  One or two files per conversion
is not unmanageable to keep in a single directory.  And I have noticed
that "make" and "make install" are visibly slower than before because
they have to recurse into all these new subdirectories.  I think the
accumulated developer time spent watching "make" will soon exceed any
possible benefit from splitting these files into subdirectories :-(