Re: Python3.4 detection on 9.6 configuration - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Python3.4 detection on 9.6 configuration
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Lou Picciano <loupicciano@comcast.net> writes:
> Trying to build 9.6RC1, with Python3.4, on OpenIndiana (Illumos). It
> seems the detection of shared library status of the .so has changed.

Changed from what?  I don't recall that we've touched that code in quite
some time.  What was the last version that worked for you?  What
exactly is failing?

I'm having a hard time following your not-really-a-patch, but it looks
like you're proposing forcing python_enable_shared=1 on Solaris, which
sounds like a pretty bad idea.  AFAIK the shared-ness of libpython is
up to whoever built it.