Re: ERROR: Unable to locate type oid 0 in catalog... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ERROR: Unable to locate type oid 0 in catalog...
Date
List pgsql-general
frbn <frbn@efbs-seafrigo.fr> writes:
> we currently experience an original problem
> on a production server with a postgresql 7.1.3
> ( a bit old, I know :\ )

More than a bit.  I wouldn't worry about trying to fix the installation
--- concentrate on getting a dump so you can upgrade.

> We stongly think about upgrading, but these problems
> drops pg_dump to a fatal error... (Murphy's my best friend :] )

What error exactly?  I'd suggest trying to use a newer version of
pg_dump (ie, the one from the PG version you want to update to)
to see if it avoids the problem.  If not, turn on query logging
so you can see the queries issued by pg_dump, and let us know the
exact failure message and the last query issued before it happens.

            regards, tom lane