Re: Table Spaces - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From pgsql@mohawksoft.com
Subject Re: Table Spaces
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> >In the Windows
>> >a junction tool
>> >good tool, free
>> >I use this tool
>> >>

>> >We've looked at it before. Apart from anything else I don't think its
>> >license is compatible with PostgreSQL's.
>>
>> Well, people can still use it. We just can't distribute it... We can
>> always link to it.
>> But unless there is a GUI tool (actually, unless it shows up in the
>> *default* GUI tool), expect there to be questions. An
>
> I assume we can just look at the source and write our own version
> bypassing any license.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. If this insane SCO crap has taught me
anything, the PostgreSQL should have a defined and legally vetted process
for duplicating functionality. ala' phoenix BIOS.

What would be good is a "contaminated" developer specifying functionality,
and detailing the various APIs needed (documenting the undocumented ones
as nessisary) while someone else writes the code. It is the *only* legal
unemcumbered methodology that will work.