request link to maintained pgAdmin 3 fork on main project page - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Darren Duncan
Subject request link to maintained pgAdmin 3 fork on main project page
Date
List pgadmin-support
Dave Page or whom it concerns,

Reflecting on feedback given to this list on a number of occasions including
today about how pgAdmin 3 works better for some people than pgAdmin 4 does, and
that pgAdmin 3 is officially unsupported, I recommend/request the following...

On the page https://www.pgadmin.org/download/ where it says "WARNING: pgAdmin 3
is no longer supported. It is recommended that you download pgAdmin 4 instead.",
I recommend editing that to append "by us" or something similar, and then add a
sentence and link saying that a third party (or several if applicable) has taken
it on themselves to provide long-term support for pgAdmin 3, BigSQL at least.

So for people whom pgAdmin 4 isn't meeting their needs as well as pgAdmin 3,
make it more easily known that BigSQL or others are explicitly offering support
for that.  You would still say that you and the official pgAdmin forum does not
provide support for these forks, but that their maintainers do.  You can also
explicitly say you don't endorse the forks, but are making their existence known
as a community service.

I think having this pointer on this page and probably in other places will help
to cool some user concerns about having to choose between a rock and a hard
place, not supported versus less stable.

You could also mention the fact there are other Postgres clients, however just
mentioning the BigSQL or similar forks, which specifically are about LTS for
something you used to support, is the main point and what people coming to you
would potentially want.

Does that read like a good idea to you?

-- Darren Duncan