Re: partitioned table and ORDER BY indexed_field DESC LIMIT 1 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: partitioned table and ORDER BY indexed_field DESC LIMIT 1
Date
List pgsql-performance
"Luke Lonergan" <llonergan@greenplum.com> writes:
> Sure - it's here:
>   http://momjian.us/mhonarc/patches_hold/msg00381.html

Luke, this is not a patch, and I'm getting pretty dang tired of seeing
you refer to it as one.  What this is is a very-selective extract from
Greenplum proprietary code.  If you'd like us to think it is a patch,
you need to offer the source code to all the GP-specific functions that
are called in the quoted additions.

Hell, the diff is *against* GP-specific code --- it removes calls
to functions that we've never seen, eg here:

-    /* Use constant expr if available.  Will be at head of list. */
-    if (CdbPathkeyEqualsConstant(pathkey))

This is not a patch, and your statements that it's only a minor porting
matter to turn it into one are lie^H^H^Hnonsense.  Please lift the
skirts higher than the ankle region if you want us to get excited.

            regards, tom lane