Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Um, this is the logical replication launcher, not the autovac launcher.
> Your observation that a sleep in get_database_list() reproduces it
> confirms that, and I don't entirely see why the timing of the LR launcher
> would have changed.

Oh, to clarify: I misread "get_database_list()" as
"get_subscription_list()", which is the part of the LR launcher startup
that causes the problem for me.  So what we actually have confirmed is
that BOTH of those launchers are problematic for this.  And AFAICS
neither of them needs to be causing horizon adjustments for non-shared
tables.

(It's possible that the AV launcher is responsible in some of wrasse's
reports, but it's been the LR launcher in five out of five
sufficiently-instrumented failures for me.)