Re: [BUGS] BUG #2401: spinlocks not available on amd64 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #2401: spinlocks not available on amd64
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Great, changes attached and applied.  I removed the solaris_i386 and
> solaris_x86_64.s files and made just one solaris_x86.s.  I updated the
> build system to use the new file, updated the macros, and added some
> documentation on the approach.  Thanks.

BTW, on the replacement of ldstub with cas: according to what I find in
google, cas does not exist on pre-V9 SPARCs.  Are we sure no one uses
sparc v8 chips anymore?  Is there any actual advantage to making that
change?

            regards, tom lane