Re: CVS commit broken - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: CVS commit broken
Date
Re: CVS commit broken
Re: CVS commit broken
List pgsql-hackers
Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz> writes:
> ~$ rm -f .cvspass
> ~$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@postgresql.org:/home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot/ login
> (Logging in to anoncvs@postgresql.org)
> CVS password:
> cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server postgresql.org rejected access
> ~$

>  * password "postgresql" or "postgres"

The docs say the anoncvs password is "postgresql" (BTW guys, let's
not forget to update the documentation page that says the cvsroot is
/usr/local/cvsroot ...).  I wonder if leaving off the trailing slash on
the -d path would help?

Another possibility is that postgresql.org is not pointing at the right
server.  I see that I have hub.org in my .cvspass (but that's for
non-anonymous login which might be set up differently).  Marc?