Re: Add subdirectory support for DATA/DOCS with PGXS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Add subdirectory support for DATA/DOCS with PGXS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mark Cave-Ayland <mark.cave-ayland@siriusit.co.uk> writes:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> As a proof of its usefulness, you could remove DATA_TSEARCH and replace
>> it with usage of MODULEDIR, right?

> Not in its current form because PGXS always places files underneath a
> contrib/ subdirectory within datadir. However, if people are happier
> with this approach then it shouldn't be too hard to alter things so that
> my PGXS Makefile would look like this:
> MODULE_big=postgis-1.5
> MODULEDIR=contrib/$(MODULE_big)

If you can set it up in such a way that the default behavior doesn't
change, this would be workable.  I don't think we want people to
suddenly find their stuff installing in the wrong place.

It probably wouldn't be that hard, something along the lines ofifndef MODULEDIRMODULEDIR=contribendif
ought to do it no?