Re: About the new %sdt macro in F-11 package - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: About the new %sdt macro in F-11 package
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> writes:
> I was trying to make a scratch build in Koji for orafce package, and it
> failed:

> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=1235602&name=build.log

> I consulted #fedora-devel @ Freenode, and the conclusion was this:

> <walters> devrimgunduz: the devel subpackage needs a Requires:
> systemtap-sdt-devel

> He is talking about postgresql-devel package actually.

The reason this is a problem is that in 8.3, pg_trace.h is included by
c.h, which means that *anything* built against Postgres headers needs
access to the dtrace headers if we configured --enable-dtrace.

As of CVS HEAD, I see that we got rid of that, and pg_trace.h is now
included only by the .c files that actually need it.  ISTM that we
should make 8.3 do likewise.  Having postgresql-devel drag in
systemtap-sdt-devel would pretty much suck IMHO.

Comments?