Re: Configure Different Databases on One Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Configure Different Databases on One Server
Date
List pgsql-general
> On 10/29/2015 01:35 PM, Jim Longwill wrote:
>> ... I'm always getting this error:
>> ERROR:  parameter "autovacuum" cannot be changed now

>      Controls whether the server should run the autovacuum launcher
> daemon. This is on by default; however, track_counts must also be
> enabled for autovacuum to work. SEE--> This parameter can only be set in
> the postgresql.conf file or on the server command line. <---SEE

Yeah, this is more or less what I feared Jim would run into, though
I'd forgotten the details.  "autovacuum" actually controls whether the
launcher is started at all, and so it cannot be set on a per-database
basis.

I believe it might work to adjust many of the other autovac parameters
at the per-database level, but not that one.

            regards, tom lane