Citus Con: An Event for Postgres—the CFP is open - Mailing list pgsql-announce

From Microsoft Azure via PostgreSQL Announce
Subject Citus Con: An Event for Postgres—the CFP is open
Date
List pgsql-announce

Citus Con: An Event for Postgres—the CFP is open

Call for Proposals

Citus Con: An Event for Postgres is free, virtual, and global developer event happening Apr 12-13, 2022. You might even call it a distributed event. No travel is involved. And yes, there is a code of conduct. To make things easy for speakers, we’ll take care of the video recording and production, both for the livestream and on-demand talks. Talks are 25 minutes long and in English. The CFP is now open: come join us to share what you can do with the world's most advance open source database—from the nerdy to the sublime.

Live Sessions & On-Demand Videos

There will be 3-hour livestreams in 3 different geographies (Americas, APAC, EMEA). We're looking for talks from Citus open source users, Azure database customers, Postgres and Citus experts from Microsoft, and Postgres community members.

On-demand talks will be pre-recorded in March and published on the Microsoft Developer YouTube channel on April 12th.

Important Dates

  • Dec 07, 2021: CFP opens
  • Feb 06, 2022: CFP closes
  • Feb 15, 2022: Speakers notified
  • Mar 01, 2022: Schedule & sessions announced
  • Mar 2022: Video recordings for on-demand talks
  • Apr 12-13, 2022: Event happens!

Key things to know

Even more information on the Citus Con CFP page

  • Format: 3-hour livestreams in different geos: Americas, EMEA, and APAC + on-demand sessions
  • CFP closes: February 6, 2022
  • Length: 25 mins / talk
  • Virtual & free: no travel (or funding) required
  • Video recording & production: All you need is a good mic & a decent webcam. We’ll take care of the rest.
  • Speaker resources: in our Speaker FAQ
  • Submit your proposal: on Sessionize

Topics

We’re looking for talks about using Postgres on Azure, and Citus on Azure—as well as talks about using Postgres and/or Citus open source—plus talks that will introduce attendees to some of the latest innovations they might not yet know about. Here are some examples, not an exhaustive list:

  • How you run your app on Postgres on Azure
  • Citus open source user stories
  • Scaling out Postgres with Hyperscale (Citus)
  • How you use other Postgres extensions, like PostGIS, pg_cron, HLL, t-digest, pg_auto_failover, postgres_fdw, & so many more
  • New innovations in Postgres
  • Postgres community
  • Generally interesting Postgres knowledge
  • Data modeling and SQL best practices
  • Tips for building your application on Azure Database for PostgreSQL
  • Techniques for using Postgres at any scale with Citus—from single-node to a distributed cluster
  • Migrating to Postgres on Azure
  • Monitoring tools for Postgres on Azure
  • Postgres performance (including analytics and time series workloads)

Other useful links