From PostgreSQL Europe via PostgreSQL Announce
Subject PostgreSQL @ FOSDEM 2022: Call for Proposals
Date
List pgsql-announce

PostgreSQL @ FOSDEM 2022: Call for Proposals

Call for Proposals

We are happy to announce that FOSDEM is hosting a virtual PostgreSQL Devroom at FOSDEM 2022. Next year’s conference will take place on the 5th and 6th of February, with the PostgreSQL Devroom being on Sunday 6th (It could be extended to Saturday as well if we get as many submissions as we did last year).

Information about FOSDEM is available at the official website at https://www.fosdem.org/. The in-person events in previous years attracted more than 8000 participants, expect more people joining for an online event.

We are now looking for PostgreSQL related talks from both experienced and new speakers.

Topics of Interest:

  • Developing applications with or for PostgreSQL
  • Administering large scale PostgreSQL installations
  • Case studies and/or success stories of PostgreSQL deployments (or interesting failures)
  • Tools and utilities
  • PostgreSQL internals hacking
  • Community and local user groups
  • Tuning and performance improvements
  • Migration from other database systems
  • Replication, clustering and high availability
  • Recovery and backup strategies
  • Benchmarking and hardware
  • PostgreSQL related products
  • DevOps and continuous deployment/configuration/integration around PostgreSQL
  • Any other PostgreSQL related topic

Call for Papers Committee:

  • Laetitia Avrot
  • Dave Cramer
  • Pavlo Golub

About PostgreSQL

PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database system that uses and extends the SQL language combined with many features that safely store and scale the most complicated data workloads. The origins of PostgreSQL date back to 1986 as part of the POSTGRES project at the University of California at Berkeley and has more than 30 years of active development on the core platform.

PostgreSQL has earned a strong reputation for its proven architecture, reliability, data integrity, robust feature set, extensibility, and the dedication of the open source community behind the software to consistently deliver performant and innovative solutions. PostgreSQL runs on all major operating systems, has been ACID-compliant since 2001, and has powerful add-ons such as the popular PostGIS geospatial database extension. It is no surprise that PostgreSQL has become the open source relational database of choice for many people and organisations.

About FOSDEM

The goal is to provide free and open source software developers and communities a place to meet to:

  • Get in touch with other developers and projects
  • Be informed about the latest developments in the free software world
  • Be informed about the latest developments in the open source world
  • Attend interesting talks and presentations on various topics by project leaders and committers
  • To promote the development and benefits of free software and open source solutions

Participation and attendance is totally free, though the organizers gratefully accept donations and sponsorship

Essential Information

The devroom will be held on 6th of February 2022, online Submission link: https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM22

Talk format:

  • 25 min of content + 5 min of questions
  • 45 min of content + 10 min of questions

If you have submitted for previous FOSDEM editions, remember to use your already existing account on Pentabarf. Make sure to fill out the 'person' details. We need a name, photo, biography and contact information.

Online rules

The reference time will be Brussels local lime (CET).

Talks must be pre-recorded in advance, and will be streamed during the event. This is a hard requirement from the FOSDEM organizers for which we can not make an exception.

Q/A session will be live.

A facility will be provided for attendees to chat between themselves.

A facility will be provided for attendees to submit questions.

Submission Guidelines

If you would like to give a talk, present a project or show off some coding skills, we are looking forward to receiving your application.

Be sure to properly fill your Pentabarf profile (Person) with:

  • Your name
  • A speaker bio
  • Your contact information (for the organizers)

Then submit your talk (or event)

Pentabarf Notes:

  • "talks" are named "events" in Pentabarf
  • Track must be "PostgreSQL Devroom"
  • Duration must be "00:25:00" or "00:50:00"
  • Event type must be "Lecture"
  • Abstract is the text that goes in the FOSDEM booklet

Volunteers

We will also call for volunteers to help us run the event and help us with the devroom operation. You can get in touch with the organizers at: contact@fosdempgday.org

Organizers

You can reach out directly to the organizers if you have a specific request or question: contact@fosdempgday.org