Re: Example non-Latin words for text search parser docs? - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Example non-Latin words for text search parser docs?
Date
List pgsql-docs
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Am Donnerstag, 25. Oktober 2007 schrieb Tom Lane:
>>> Hmm ... I went and looked at the page on developer.postgresql.org,
>>> and it's just as I feared: with slightly bleary morning eyes, the
>>> accents over the i's are not obvious, and so you have to look *real*
>>> close before you get the point of the examples.
>>
>> By that standard, you will have to use non-Latin letters, which might decrease
>> the usability of the examples much more.  There are not likely to be any
>> Latin-looking letters that are not ASCII and are not resembling another Latin
>> letter.

> I think it would suffice to use an accent over a vowel that's not an i.

Yeah, that would help.  But the real problem with pol?tico-militar
is that it looks way too much like the English equivalent --- my first
reaction was "huh, he forgot the 'y'".  I'm after a word that *looks*
not-English.  Alvaro's comment that maybe we need to look to something
besides Spanish seems on point.

            regards, tom lane