Re: Referencing "less-unique" foreign keys - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Referencing "less-unique" foreign keys
Date
List pgsql-general
> Alban Hertroys wrote:
>> I'm not sure how we got the "content" column from "description" to
>> reference "localization" back in version 7.3. Fact is, we can't seem to
>> do this anymore since version 7.4:

> I don't have 7.3.x to hand any more, but if you could create such a
> reference it was a bug.

Having just tried it, I can say that the last version that would take
that without complaint is 7.0.  7.1 and later give variants of

ERROR:  UNIQUE constraint matching given keys for referenced table "localization" not found

So I'm not sure what Alban actually did.

            regards, tom lane