Re: Variadic polymorpic functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Variadic polymorpic functions
Date
Re: Variadic polymorpic functions  (Vincenzo Romano <vincenzo.romano@notorand.it>)
List pgsql-general
2010/1/25 Vincenzo Romano <vincenzo.romano@notorand.it>:
> 2010/1/23 Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>:

>>> Great!
>>>

>> I wrote this function year ago.
>>
>> look on content
>>
>> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pstcollection/
>
> Pavel,
> that format() function should be included into official contribs.
> What about HOWTO compile?

There are not consensus about final semantic - some people prefer
sprintf like, some others PostgreSQL RAISE NOTICE like. so I'll keep
it outside. I looking on source of pstcollection - missing
documentation, missing regress test. I never rebuild it outside
PostgreSQL source tree - so it could be problem. Now: copy src to
contrib directory, make, make install - like standard contrib module.

If you would to add some doc or notes, please, add it.

Pavel