Re: plpgsql: open for execute - add USING clause - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: plpgsql: open for execute - add USING clause
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2009/11/17 Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>:
> Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2009/11/17 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>:
>
>>> This is now the fourth patch you've submitted since the start of
>>> the CommitFest...
>>>

>> These patches are for next commitfest. What I know, the current
>> commitfest is closed for new patches. Is it ok?
>
> Until this moment I was unconvinced of the need for a strict rule that
> patches from regular submitters who don't suspend patch development
> to contribute to the commitfest reviews should be ignored.

what is wrong?

Patches typmodes for functions and enhancing psql was notificated in proposal:

*http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-11/msg00934.php
*http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-10/msg00519.php
(more than one moth old)

patch for OPEN EXECUTE USING is reaction on Tom's mail
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-11/msg00713.php (for
me it is like a proposal) and this patch is +/- bugfix.

I don't wont to apply these patches tomorrow, I don't sending these
patches for last moment. If I have to wait one weak or two weeks, ok.
Declare it. I'll respect it. But actually I respecting all rules, what
I know.

I don't would to generate thousand patches now. Simply I have a time
for postgres now. I wrote three patches. And I put it to commitfest,
because I thing so this work is serious. So anybody can comment it, so
anybody can test it. I put it to commitfest application, because this
code is finished (or finished for reviewing) and I would lost these
patches in this mailing list. Tomorrow I could be killed (maybe),
tomorrow I could to lost data in my hardisc. I have not other patches.
Don't afraid.

Pavel