Re: Parsing config files in a directory - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Parsing config files in a directory
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Really, they don't know any Perl or Python or Java either? Maybe.
>
> Anyway, it seems to me a whole lot better than inventing a new thing  that
> makes "custom_variable_class" as something to append to
> "custom_variable_classes". If you're going to insist on using "append foo =
> 'x'" at least let it apply to the list that is actually being appended to,
> so we don't need to keep track of singular and plural forms. That's the part
> of your suggestion I really object to.

I have to agree with you. From language view is += syntax better.
Actually, i would to see some more verbose syntax. There are two
significantly different behave and only one difference is one symbol.
But I don't know  better syntax.

Regards
Pavel