Re: In 7.3.1, will I be able to reindex toast? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: In 7.3.1, will I be able to reindex toast?
Date
List pgsql-general
Mario Weilguni <mweilguni@sime.com> writes:
> Hmm... how about pg_largeobject?
> It seems to be treated like a system table, but I think it is not
> necessary. Does the reindex command simply check the "pg_" prefix?

As of 7.3, I believe it treats any table living in the pg_catalog schema
as a system table.  Certainly, a lot of these tables are not all that
special and could be reindexed without going to standalone mode.

It might be sufficient to insist on standalone reindexing just for the
three or four tables that have nailed-in-cache indexes.  I'm not sure
though.  Hiroshi, what do you think?

            regards, tom lane