BUG #16240: The now() function is populating different date time than expected - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From PG Bug reporting form
Subject BUG #16240: The now() function is populating different date time than expected
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      16240
Logged by:          Abhishek Borra
Email address:      borratejaabhi@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.9
Operating system:   Linux

We have certain columns in our database of data type 'timestamp with time
zone'. We are populating them with now() function as default value
.Sometimes the date time is getting populated as dates from 2017/18
randomly. What can be the possible cause of this issue?