Re: --single-transaction hack to pg_upgrade does not work - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: --single-transaction hack to pg_upgrade does not work
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Does this actually get you over the problem identified in the comment?:

>   * We disallow this in transaction blocks, because we can't cope
>   * with enum OID values getting into indexes and then having their
>   * defining pg_enum entries go away.

Why wouldn't it?  If the enum type was created in the current xact, then
surely any table columns of the type, or a fortiori indexes on the type,
were also created in the current xact and they'd all go away on abort.