Online Documentation Search Issue - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From PG Doc comments form
Subject Online Documentation Search Issue
Date
List pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/functions-comparison.html

Hi,
Just an FYI, but I'm running into a somewhat annoying issue with the
documentation search that I'm not sure you're aware of.
Namely, searching for "BETWEEN" (upper or lowercase) yields zero results.

Trying a few different search queries right now, it appears I might be just
running into an issue where my query is a stopword, but in this case it's
particularly frustrating because (even once I realize that) there is no
obvious alternative search query. (I wouldn't have thought to search for
"Comparison Functions", the page where it's actually explained.)

Is there any way your search platform can be set to index all text that
appears in the documentation inside 'code' tags? Or could some sort of
suggestion bar be added to the results page so that if a query contains a
keyword (especially if it consists entirely of the keyword), a link is
presented to go to it's page?

Barring that, could searching a stopword trigger a message (and perhaps a
link to search it on Google) other than just "no results found"?

Thanks,
Mike