Re: pg_restore hangs for en_US.utf8 in the UK - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_restore hangs for en_US.utf8 in the UK
Date
List pgsql-novice
"Birchall, Austen" <austen.birchall@metoffice.gov.uk> writes:
> Trying to restore the data after restoring the tables etc. from a pg_dumpall out.sql type file using
> pg_restore -d ***db_database_dump201507131900 -v
> just hangs

pg_dumpall produces a SQL script; you should feed that to psql not
pg_restore.

I'm not sure though why you're seeing it hang; all the versions I have
handy produce some kind of error message when fed a script file.

Hmm ... is that the *whole* command line?  If so problem is that it's
patiently waiting for some input on stdin.

            regards, tom lane