Re: reldesc does not exit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: reldesc does not exit
Date
List pgsql-general
"Darrin Ladd" <dladd@newfoundcomm.net> writes:
> I continually get the following error when I truncate a very large table in
> my db:
> NOTICE: trying to delete a reldesc that does not exist
> Is this something that I should be concerned about?

Possibly.  That's a "shouldn't ever happen" kind of message, so it
certainly indicates some sort of bug.  Severity of bug is unguessable
at this point.  I don't see this when doing TRUNCATE on a plain-vanilla
table, so I guess there is something special about your situation.
What Postgres version are you running, on what platform?  May we see
the full definition of the table in question?  Also, how large is "very
large"?

            regards, tom lane