Re: Help? Unexpected PostgreSQL compilation failure using generic compile script - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Help? Unexpected PostgreSQL compilation failure using generic compile script
Date
List pgsql-general
Martin Goodson <kaemaril@googlemail.com> writes:
> So I simply removed the --with-gssapi, and tried again.
> AND IT FAILED AGAIN.
> This time it failed claiming it couldn't find the ldap library. Which is
> most -definitely- present.

Hard to debug this sort of thing remotely when you don't supply the exact
error messages.  But ... do you have openldap-devel installed, or just
the base openldap package?

> The compile step and make world steps work perfectly if the script is
> run under root.

That is odd.  Permissions problems on the libraries, maybe?

            regards, tom lane