Re: recovery is stuck when children are not processing SIGQUIT from previous crash - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: recovery is stuck when children are not processing SIGQUIT from previous crash
Date
List pgsql-admin
> On tor, 2009-11-12 at 10:45 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> In practice the code path isn't sufficiently used or critical
>> enough to be worth trying to make that bulletproof.

> Well, the subject line is "recovery is stuck".  Not critical enough?

The particular case looks like it could be solved by disabling
interrupts at the start of quickdie().  My point is that doing more than
that is going to involve a large amount of work for small amount of
return.

            regards, tom lane