Re: force C locale for temp regression installations - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: force C locale for temp regression installations
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> OK, so what is your default locale on that machine?  In particular, is
>> it UTF16-based?

> initdb picks up: "English_United States.1252"

Yup.  So it was trying to use this little hack:

        /* Win32 has strncoll(), so use it to avoid copying */
        return _strncoll(arg1, arg2, Min(len1, len2));

which does not actually do what's desired, if the strings are of
different length.  That's what we get for focusing on the hard case
and not testing the easy case ;-)

I've committed a fix.

            regards, tom lane